This privacy statement of One Shared School, a foundation under the Laws of the Netherlands (hereinafter: “One shared school” or we/us) applies to the processing of your personal information that we collect through the websites and platforms of One shared school and other ways we may have had contact with you, whether you’re a member, volunteer, participant, visitor of the website or delivering services to us (hereinafter: “you”).
One shared school is the data controller to which the policy refers. Our full details can be found at the end of this policy.
How we collect your data?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The type of personal data we collect depends on how you use our website.
- Information and content you provide: we collect the content and other information you provide when you sign up as a member, when you fill out a contact form, sign up as a volunteer or get in touch with us in other ways.
- Your usage: we collect information about how you use our website, such as data regarding your peripheral equipment, the people that you interact with, data regarding your surfing behaviour and the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Third parties that you have linked to your profile, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn may provide us with your profile information.
- When you make a donation to us.
- When you apply for a job or volunteering opportunity with us
- When you sign up for events such as workshops, pitching events and webinars.
What data we collect?
If you choose to provide it, we can collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- First name and last name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Information regarding your business
Legal basis and purposes for the processing of personal data
Under data protection laws, we are allowed to process personal data only if we can rely on one or more of the legal basis for processing. The legal basis we are most likely to rely on for processing personal data in relation to you are outlined in the following table.
|Term||Basis for processing||Explanation|
|Contract||Processing necessary for performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request to enter a contract||This covers carrying out our contractual duties and exercising our contractual rights.|
|Legal obligation||Processing necessary to comply with our legal obligations||Ensuring we perform our legal and regulatory obligations. For example, to comply with our social insurances and tax-related obligations.|
|Legitimate interests||Processing necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests||We might have legitimate interests in carrying on, managing and administering our respective businesses effectively and properly and in connection with those interests processing your data.
Your data will not be processed on this basis if our or a third party’s interests are overridden by your own interests, rights and freedoms.
|Consent||You have given specific consent to processing your data||If we have relied on consent as a ground for processing, you may withdraw consent at any time – though if you do so that will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done before you withdraw consent.|
|Vital Interests||Where processing is needed to protect your vital interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent||This is only likely to apply in very exceptional circumstances such as in a medical emergency.|
We set out below the typical purposes for which we process you personal data and the relevant basis for processing. We have tried to make this as comprehensive as possible but it is not possible to identify all information processed and this is not a definitive list.
|Providing our websites and platforms: we will process your personal data to the extent necessary for the use of our websites and platforms;||
|To manage and administer your account with us through the One shared school community by managing your user account||
|Send you our communications, for example our newsletter or events||
|Providing the possibility to match you with a school||
|To process your job application with us||
|Managing event registrations you have signed up for||
When we process your personal data on the basis of consent, you have, at any time, the right to withdraw your consent.
Sharing with others
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this privacy statement, unless we are required by law to do so. In general the length of time of each category of data will depend on the following:
- Your personal data is necessary to be able to offer you the requested services, such as your membership or because you have signed up for our newsletters;
- Your personal data is required in order to protect and defend our rights and property;
- Your personal data is stored and collected as part of our legal obligations according to e.g. tax law, in which case a period of maximum seven years applies.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time. To the extent required by law, you will be notified in advance. Your continued use of our website after any such changes take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept the updates to this privacy statement, you must cancel the use of our website.
This privacy statement was updated on 21 November 2018.
If you have any queries relating to our processing of your personal data, you may contact us via:
One Shared school
Adres Jeroo etc?
In some cases we share your personal data with third parties. One shared school can share your personal data with:
- Any organization which is part of One shared school;
- Clients or customers of One shared school;
- Third parties, as supervisory authorities and other bodies, to comply with legal obligations;
We will only transfer your personal data to the above mentioned third parties for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, and only to the extent that is permitted under the applicable law and regulations, or if One shared school is obligated to provide personal data to a competent authority.
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with applicable data protection law. One shared school is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties.
Transfer of data outside of the EEA
To be able to provide our services, it might be necessary that we transfer your personal data to other countries, whether or not a member state of the European Union, who ensure an adequate level of protection. In that case, we will take all measures necessary to transfer the personal data in a lawful manner to such countries. If you would like to know more about how we protect your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
- The right of access, this means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of the personal data concerning you;
- The right to restriction of the processing;
- The right to data portability, this means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit those data to another controller;
- The right to object to profiling;
- The right to withdraw your consent.
The above stated rights can be exercised by submitting a request to: One shared School (invoegen adres van Jeroo in Aerdenhout volgens mij?) or firstname.lastname@example.org.